Your company is only as strong as your employees. That’s why recruiting is an essential process for every company. You want the best and the brightest on your team, and you can only achieve this through effective recruitment advertising. If you have never worked in recruiting before, you may not know where to begin. Here are the top five trends in recruitment advertising to get you started.
- Social recruiting is one of the most important trends in recruitment marketing this year. Social recruiting refers to using different social media networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, to recruit qualified candidates. As a first step, this means posting open job advertisements on your company’s social media channels. Social recruiting also includes searching for candidates and encouraging them to apply for open positions via social media.
- Remarketing ads are another recruitment marketing trend to consider in your recruiting toolkit. You may have seen remarketing ads as you shop online and see an ad following you. Say you found a sweater on a website but did not make a purchase. Later on, you may see a remarketing ad for that sweater as you browse a different website. The same principle can apply to recruitment advertising. Remarketing ads can appear to candidates who showed an interest in your careers website but have not yet applied for open positions.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) is also on the rise in the world of recruitment advertising. Instead of spending hours on end sorting through cover letters and resumes, recruiters can outsource some of these more rote tasks to AI technology, saving them time and effort in the recruitment process. Recruiters can also deploy chatbots as part of the hiring experience. Candidates can ask routine questions to chatbots to quickly learn valuable information without needing an actual recruiter to jump in.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) is an important trend this year for recruitment advertising. A key component of SEO is making sure your careers website is optimized for mobile devices. As more and more people search for jobs on mobile phones, search engines and potential candidates alike will appreciate a mobile-optimized website. SEO also involves keyword research as well as the creation of top-notch content, such as blog posts about open positions.
- Texting is another recruitment advertising trend this year. Recruiters can send text messages to potential job candidates at various stages throughout the recruiting process. With everyone spending so much time on their phones, it is no wonder that texting is an effective way to reach job applicants.
Are you recruiting job candidates to your company? You can receive expert advice and support from the Borenstein Group, a Top DC marketing agency. We can help you have excellent recruitment advertising for all stages of the recruiting process.