Summer is here, and it might be time to do some beach reading. We recommend lounging by the water with one of these best sellers for marketing professionals. Here are Amazon’s top five branding and marketing books for marketing professionals.
- The number one book on this list is “Website Branding for Small Businesses: Secret Strategies for Building a Brand, Selling Products Online, and Creating a Lasting Community”. Written by Nathalie Nahai, the title may be a mouthful, but the reviews are positive. According to Amazon, this best seller “draws from fields of psychology, neuroscience, and behavioral science to share the latest developments, innovative techniques, and original insights that will lead any small business to online success.”
- Coming in second is the book “Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion” by Robert B. Cialdini. This page turner explains why people say yes. It unravels six universal principles to become a “skilled persuader” as well as how to resist persuasion.
- In third place is another book on persuasion called “Objections: The Ultimate Guide for Mastering the Art and Science of Getting past No” by Jeb Blount. According to Amazon, this book explains “what’s really holding you back from closing sales and reaching your income goals”. It includes examples, stories and lessons for getting people past their initial negative reactions when making sales. Reviewers said that it breaks down the art of selling into smaller chunks and its lessons are easy to understand and adopt.
- The next book on the list is “Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen” written by Donald Miller. The book goes through seven universal elements of powerful stories to improve how you connect with customers and grow your business. It also teaches you how to simplify your brand message so people can understand it, as well as how to create effective messaging. According to Amazon, this book will “transform how you talk about who you are, what you do and unique value you bring to customers”. Reviewers praised the clean prose free from complicated jargon, and they believe it’s a useful read for copywriters.
- Last but not least is “Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence — and How You Can, Too” by Gary Vaynerchuk. The book provides lessons and inspiration from influencers and entrepreneurs. It reveals the secret to their success, which includes understanding social media and doing what it takes to make these tools work. Vaynerchuk believes anyone can amplify his or her personal brand. He gives you a guide to building your path to professional and financial success, as well as growing your personal brand and business or following your passion.
Once you’ve caught up on your summer reading, you should reach out to the pros at the Borenstein Group, a Top DC marketing agency. We can help get your branding or marketing project off the ground right away.